Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Guaranteed Issue Rights is also known as medigap protection which is certain conditions that your insurance company provides before enrolling your plan. The certain services that they are provided are:-
- They must sell you a Medigap policy.
- They can’t give you more charge for a Medigap policy because of your past or present health problems.
- They must cover all your pre-existing health conditions.
If you have a different type of health coverage that changes, such as when you lose other healthcare coverage, you have a guaranteed issue. If you change your mind, buy a Medigap policy. If you have a trial right of Medicare part c , you can still enroll in medigap policy.
Get your guaranteed issue right if these situations:
- You have the original Medicare and an employer group health plan (including retirement or COBRA coverage) or union coverage that is provided after Medicare is paid and that plan is ending
- You are on a Medicare Advantage plan and your plan is to leave Medicare or stop taking care of your area or you may move out of the plan’s service area.
- When you first became eligible for Medicare Part A at the age of 5, you joined the Medicare Advantage Plan or the All-inclusive Care Program for the Elderly (PACE) and within the first year of joining you decided you wanted to go to the original Medicare. (Trial right)
- You have the original Medicare and a Medicare selection policy. You go outside the service area of the Medicare SELECT policy.